The Cal OES Operations (Ops) Section under the Fire and Rescue Division coordinates The California Fire and Rescue Mutual Aid System. Coordinated response through the Mutual Aid System includes responses to Major fires, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Hazardous Materials and other disasters.
Situational Awareness and Collaboration Tool (SCOUT) web page
Vacant, Deputy Chief
North - Fire Operations
Phone: (916) 845-8711
Art Torrez, Deputy Chief
South - Fire Operations
Phone: (951) 320-2106
The California Incident Command Certification System (CICCS) is a cooperative effort between the State Fire Marshal’s Office and the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services, Fire and Rescue Branch. State Fire Training is a SFMO responsibility, while the movement of fire service resources throughout the state during times of emergency is the responsibility of Cal OES Fire and Rescue through the California Fire and Rescue Service Emergency Mutual Aid Plan.
The California Incident Command Certification System mission is an all-hazard qualification and certification system that enhances the ability of the State of California to deploy firefighting resources to complex and catastrophic incidents with trained and qualified personnel.
More information concerning the CICCS can be found at the following link:
CICCS training files have now been made available for download. These files have been compressed into a .zip format and contain PowerPoint, PDF, and video files. These files can be uncompressed using utilities included in Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX operating systems, or by 3rd party applications (e.g. WinZip or WinRar).
(These links point to files stored on an external filesharing site (Google Drive))
G-130 Wildland Training (FFT2) for Structural Firefighters
G-131 Wildland Training (FFT1) for Structural Firefighters
G-231 Wildland Training (ENGB) for Structural Firefighters
Fire Management Assistance is available to States, local and tribal governments, for the mitigation, management, and control of fires on publicly or privately owned forests or grasslands, which threaten such destruction as would constitute a major disaster. The Fire Management Assistance declaration process is initiated when a State submits a request for assistance to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Regional Director at the time a "threat of major disaster" exists. The entire process is accomplished on an expedited basis and a FEMA decision is rendered in a matter of hours.
The Fire Management Assistance Grant Program (FMAGP) provides a 75 percent Federal cost share and the State pays the remaining 25 percent for actual costs. Before a grant can be awarded, a State must demonstrate that total eligible costs for the declared fire meet or exceed either the individual fire cost threshold - which is applies to single fires, or the cumulative fire cost threshold, which recognizes numerous smaller fires burning throughout a State.
Eligible firefighting costs may include expenses for field camps; equipment use, repair and replacement; tools, materials and supplies; and mobilization and demobilization activities.
More information concerning the FMAG Program can be found on the FEMA FMAG web page:https://www.fema.gov/fire-management-assistance-grant-program
The California Fire Service and Rescue Emergency Mutual Aid Plan is an extension of, and supportive document to, the California Emergency Plan.
The California Fire Service and Rescue Emergency Mutual Aid Plan as we know it today, was first prepared and adopted in 1950 as Annex 3-C of the California State Civil Defense and Disaster Relief Plan. This plan has been reviewed, revised, approved, and adopted after careful consideration by the Cal OES Fire and Rescue Service Advisory Committee/FIRESCOPE Board of Directors. The Purpose of the plan is: