EEO Policy Statement & Complaints
EEO Policy Statement
The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principles of non-discrimination and equal opportunity in employment and in the delivery of services. Cal OES commits to ensuring that the work environment of its employees, volunteers, and contractors are free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation based on the following:
- Age (40 and over)
- Religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices)
- Denial of FMLA
- Disability (mental and physical including HIV and AIDS)
- Marital status
- Medical condition
- Genetic information
- Military and veteran status
- National origin
- Sex/gender (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy)
- Gender identity/gender expression, and
- Sexual orientation
The Cal OES EEO Office handles complaints involving all Cal OES employees, volunteers, or contractors.
The complainant must provide the name of the person(s) who engaged in the alleged conduct, the location, the date and the description of each act. Upon receipt, the Cal OES EEO office will provide written confirmation, including next steps.
If you think you have been subject to discrimination, harassment or retaliation, please contact our office at email@example.com.