Public Safety Radio Strategic Planning Committee
The Public Safety Radio Strategic Planning Committee (PSRSPC)
PSRSPC at a Glance
The California Public Safety Communications Act of 2002 (Government Code §§8592 – 8592.7) directs the PSRSPC to have primary responsibility in state government for the following:
- Developing and implementing a statewide integrated public safety communications system that facilitates interoperability among state public safety departments as well as other first response agencies, as the committee deems appropriate.
- Coordinating other shared uses of public safety spectrum consistent with decisions and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
The Committee consists of representatives from the following state entities:
- California Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES)
- California Military Department (CMD)
- Department of California Highway Patrol (CHP)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
- Department of Parks and Recreation (P&R)
- Department of Fish and Game (F&G)
- Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Department of Finance (DOF)
- Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA)
- California Department of Technology (CDT)
Develop, implement, and administer an innovative, inclusive, scalable, and sustainable statewide plan that facilitates wireless communications system modernization and interoperability and ultimately provides effective, seamless, and reliable public safety services throughout California.
To provide the leadership needed that allows California to effectively leverage existing investments in communications infrastructures while moving rapidly and decisively to meet targeted goals for improved interoperability, universal statewide access, enhanced modernization, increased functionality, and adequate channel availability throughout California in support of public safety.
Technical Working Group (TWG)
The TWG is composed of staff assigned by PSRSPC member agencies and functions as the primary focal point for ongoing technical assignments.
Coordination with California Statewide Interoperability Executive Committee (CalSIEC)
The PSRSPC is required to meet at least twice a year, of which one meeting shall be a joint meeting with CalSIEC to enhance coordination and cooperation at all organizational levels and to provide a cohesive approach to communications interoperability.
PUBLIC SAFETY RADIO STRATEGIC PLANNING COMMITTEE (PSRSPC)
Date: August 18. 2022
Time: 1300-1500 (PST)
Location: 630 Sequoia Pacific Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95811 Room 115
This will be an in person meeting.
You can contact Paul Dumetz at: