Program Management Division
The Program Management Division serves as an interface between client agencies and Public Safety Communications (PSC). The Division oversees service intake, project management, and the organizational processes that facilitate PSC’s service delivery.
Service intake promotes better communication between PSC and client agencies by defining and reaching agreement upon the scope of service. The result is a clear understanding of the client agency’s business objective. In addition, accountability of service is established as deliverables, scope, and objectives are clearly defined. Program managers manage PSC’s relationship with one of more assigned client agencies and oversee project management services to PSC and client agencies alike for communications projects statewide. Project managers manage the day-to-day activities of assigned projects and are responsible for ensuring that the project team completes designated projects within schedule, scope and budget. From start to finish, the combination of service intake, program managers, and project managers ensure the client agency’s needs and expectations are understood and satisfied.
The Program Management Division strives to provide services that allow PSC to effectively manage projects and work requests within client agency expectations. In support of this objective:
- Intake analysts initiate service by reviewing projects and work requests for accuracy, determining methodology for execution based on business standards, and gaining upfront client agency agreement.
- Project managers guide projects through the project management lifecycle with oversight of scope, schedule, and cost.
- Program managers guide project managers and analysts, interface with client agencies, remedy client agency concerns, resolve project issues, and establish service strategies.
- Specialists support PSC initiatives, strategic planning, and edit web content and documentation for accuracy.
- The Division continues the ongoing effort to improve project management processes and service delivery.
- Support PSC and its client agencies as a source for project management expertise.
- Promote and foster collaboration within project teams and client agencies.
- Build a project management workforce trained in PMBOK practices.
- Utilize PMBOK-based methodologies as well as support a “best fit” approach for project management and service delivery.
- Provide a source of information for project status, financial health, and mitigation of issues, risk, and dependencies across client agency projects.
- Steven Yarbrough
California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services Public Safety Communications
601 Sequoia Pacific Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95811-0231
Office Phone: (916) 894-5105