Cybersecurity Task Force
To address the growing cyber threat to networks, personal privacy, and critical infrastructure, Governor “Jerry” Brown directed his Office of Emergency Services and the California Department of Technology to establish the California Cybersecurity Task Force. The California Cybersecurity Task Force is a statewide partnership comprised of key stakeholders, subject matter experts, and cybersecurity professionals from California’s public sector, private industry, academia, and law enforcement. The Task Force serves as an advisory body to the State of California Senior Administration Officials in matters related to Cybersecurity. By fostering a culture of cybersecurity through education, information sharing, workforce development and economic growth, the Task Force hopes to advance the State’s cybersecurity and position California as a national leader and preferred location for cyber business, education, and research.
Task Force Goals
- Identify, Acquire, and Establish Funding Mechanisms to Enhance California’s Cybersecurity Efforts
- Promote Actions, Including Legislative, Administrative, and Regulatory, Where Appropriate, to Enhance Cybersecurity in California
- Grow California’s Cybersecurity Workforce and Develop an Aware and Educated Public
- Facilitate Economic Development by Promoting a Cyber-safe California for Businesses and Consumers
- Enhance California Cyber Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Identify, Understand, and Share Cyber Threat Information
- Mitigate California’s Cyber Risk
- Build a Comprehensive Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigative Capability
California Cybersecurity Task Force Subcommittees
The California Cybersecurity Task Force is made up of seven subcommittees each created to address specific Task Force goals. These subcommittees are comprised of volunteers who have families and full-time jobs, but who are passionate about California’s cybersecurity.
- Risk Mitigation Subcommittee
- Information Sharing Subcommittee
Workforce Development and Education Subcommittee
- Economic Development Subcommittee
- Emergency Preparedness Subcommittee
- Legislation and Funding Subcommittee
- High Tech and Digital Forensics Subcommittee
The California Cybersecurity Task Force consists of representatives from private industry, academia, law enforcement, state government, and California’s Federal partners. Task Force meetings occur once a quarter and are open to the public. All members of the Task Force work diligently to promote a culture of cybersecurity, cyber-hygiene, and best practices where all Californians can work, play, and explore freely and safely. If you are a visitor, do business in California, or are a full-time California resident with concerns for your cyber well-being, please reach out to the Task Force. We are always looking for new members!